Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Week 8:Thing 18 Online Productivity Tools


This is a chance for me to begin using an online productivity tool. I can immediately see this will be a great alternative to me emailing my lesson plans and documents back and forth to myself when I forget to bring my laptop or my flashdrive with me. It even has spellcheck!

It will be a nice way for our library team to share our new standards documents that we're working on and that we keep emailing to each other. I wonder if this means that eventually we won't have to purchase expensive Microsoft Office licenses for our schools...wouldn't that be a money-saver? cool I wonder if we would still  need to have some productivity software that's not web based for those brief times when our internet is down. undecided I'll ask our tech team about this issue. Does the popularity of these online tools mean that Microsoft is going to become less profitable?

No comments: