Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Week 9: Thing 20

This is one too I have used before and I do think it is another great tool. However, I've never looked for library clips on it before and I was happy to learn that Reading Rainbow and Sesame Street are on there. This gives me another source for curriculum enrichment.

I found a cute video clip called No Cookies in the Library that I'd like to use as part of an introduction to the library for our PreK and Kindergarten classes in September. The video mentions several different types of books and mentions (many times) that there are no cookies in the library....we try to teach younger students to keep food away from library books, so that's a ice tie in. There were a couple of other clips I thought would be useful from Reading Rainbow, At the Library and Tall Tales at the Library. I am trying to load any of these videos onto my blog, but YouTube won't let me sign in for some reason. I've emailed them for help, but they haven't responded yet. I'll ask around to see if someone else can see why it's denying me entry. The message is very general and unhelpful.

I noticed another blogger in our group, Sheila Harvey, had the video clip Librarian Lays Down the Law on her site. That's a great one that I'd like to show our faculty.

No comments: